Key operational milestones in 2012:
- We continued to focus on safe and reliable operations in all of our activities.
- Cash flow from operations (CFFO) of $46 billion, net capital investment of $30 billion, dividends announced of $11 billion.
- New start-ups in 2010-12 added $ 6 billion of cash flow and 600 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d) of production in 2012, around 10% and 20% of the company's totals. There is more growth to come from these assets.
- Exploration, appraisal and commercial activities in 2012 added ~4 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) of potential new resources, comprising 1.5 billion boe in conventional basins, and 2.5 billion boe in resources plays, underpinning Shell's longer-term growth plans.
- Rigorous portfolio management continues, with $7 billion of exits from non-core positions and strategic partnering, and $5 billion in acquisitions in 2012. Divestments in the last 3 years totalled $21 billion, or around 10% of capital employed, and acquisitions were $17 billion.