Lightning Fast SimulatorThe newest release of the HyperLynx product provides fast and powerful analysis results, with an average of 5x simulation performance improvement over the previous release. Internal tests of earlier versions and the new HyperLynx product release show a significant increase in the performance of the circuit simulator, especially for large-scale batch-mode analysis with complex stimulus (for example, DDRx simulation). In addition to substantially increased performance, the upgraded simulator takes extra care to avoid accuracy problems for circuits involving short transmission lines, which are common when modeling PCB-trace meanders. Many of the non-Mentor® simulators—especially SPICE-based ones—round-up or eliminate the short delays of small routing segments based on the analysis time step, but the HyperLynx tool accurately preserves such effects, including during complex crosstalk simulations. Overall, especially for large boards with a significant number of delay-tuned nets, customers will see high-accuracy results in noticeably less simulation time. Here are a few of the powerful analysis capabilities found in this new HyperLynx release:
- Pre-layout DDRx signal integrity and comprehensive cycle-based timing simulation during parametric sweeps. The HyperLynx DDRx wizard supports DDR3L and DDR3U supply levels by incorporating the required derating tables, timing models, and voltage levels, plus test-load compensation of signal launch delays using the DDRx wizard.
- Batch support of s-parameter models from the post-route environment; interconnect modeling with accurate wideband dielectric models and surface roughness
- Advanced meshing for DC drop analysis to review accuracy of narrow slivers of metals within complex designs
- Accelerated simulation flow of IBIS AMI models in statistical mode with LTI equalization algorithms; this feature is based on peak distortion analysis techniques and statistical algorithms that process impulse response of the channel directly for eye diagram generation to quickly produce results for buffers with LTI equalization schemes down to very low BER
- Improvements to the advanced waveform viewer and processor, a graphical environment for displaying and analyzing large sets of simulation results that has many advanced measurements for complex waveform processing using a rich set of calculator functions. Improvements include an interactive simulation GUI that automatically plots centered eye diagrams.