Operating and financial highlights for the fourth quarter include the following:
- Originated $253.0 million of new loans for the quarter, 70.2% of which were commercial loans, demonstrating continued execution of the Company's organic growth and portfolio diversification strategies.
- Successfully integrated the Southern Community acquisition onto the Company's processing platform and permanently rebranded all 22 branches to the Capital Bank brand.
- Generated $136 million of organic growth in core deposits (total deposits minus time deposits). At year-end, core deposits represented 64.7% of total deposit funding, and total deposits represented 96.3% of total funding.
- Capital Bank Financial Corp. ended the fourth quarter with a tier 1 leverage ratio of 13% and held $125.4 million in cash and cash equivalents.
- Completed the fourth quarter with tangible book value per share of $17.74.