- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- CAJ's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.31, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for CANON INC is rather high; currently it is at 56.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 6.28% is above that of the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 17.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 16.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $880.79 million or 57.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, CANON INC has marginally lower results.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Office Electronics industry and the overall market, CANON INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.