Humana is proud to support veterans and their spouses through easing the transition into civilian life. By creating a flexible, supportive work environment, Humana allows former service men and women to re-join the civilian workforce with maximum effectiveness.The national Humana Veterans Initiative is an outgrowth of Humana’s long-standing relationship with the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Humana Military is the health-benefits administrator for more than three million active duty and retired military personnel and their families under the DoD’s TRICARE program. In addition, the company’s efforts span a variety of health care solutions supporting Veterans, including:
- Building a partnership with the MilSpouse eMentor program, which provides advice and support to military families through mentor relationships.
- Donating $1 million to the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities, a national program that offers cutting-edge training in entrepreneurship and small-business management at no cost to post-9/11 veterans.
- Becoming the exclusive national Humana Medicare Advantage (MA) plan provider for Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), marketing Humana MA plans to the organization’s 700,000+ members and their spouses who are eligible for Medicare, and providing guidance for those who will be aging into Medicare.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance information.