Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Vertex Pharmaceuticals fell 93 cents (-2%) to $45.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $45.65-$46.69 after having opened the day at $46.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.85. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Repros Therapeutics ( RPRX), down 40.3%, Cormedix ( CRMD), down 10.1%, Bovie Medical Corporation ( BVX), down 8.8%, and Herbalife ( HLF), down 8.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vertex Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.