- 2012 fourth quarter and annual revenues
|Annual – 12 months||Quarterly – 3 months|
|In € thousands||2012||2011||Var %||Q4 2012||Q4 2011||Var %|
- 2013: expanding globallySTENTYS anticipates that 2013 will be a fruitful year in terms of scientific and sales development, with substantial news flow.
- Clinical trials in Europe and the United States The final results of the APPOSITION III clinical trial on 1,000 patients, one year after heart attack treatment with a STENTYS stent, will be presented in March at the American College of Cardiology conference in San Francisco (ACC.13). The results of the APPOSITION IV clinical trial, which compares the new STENTYS Sirolimus-eluting stent to Medtronic’s DES in 150 patients, are also expected to be presented this year at a major medical conference.Lastly, the Company is actively preparing the start of the pivotal clinical trial in the United States (APPOSITION V), with the first patients scheduled to be enrolled during the first half of the year. This first trial in the US will considerably expand the Company’s visibility in the world’s largest market.
- Sales expansion beyond Europe Based on the experience acquired during pre-marketing activities underway in a number of European countries, STENTYS will enlarge its sales network to new geographical regions where the European CE Mark is recognized by working with local distributors. Furthermore, the Company will continue to develop its own sales force in the European countries where it is already present in order to improve its geographical coverage and increase the number of hospitals in which its products are available.
- Solid cash position at end-2012At 31 December 2012, STENTYS had cash of €45.6 million. The strong cash position is due in part to €36 million in gross proceeds from the capital increase with rights issue successfully carried out in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- STENTYS shares transferred from compartment C to compartment B of NYSE EuronextSince 17 January 2013, STENTYS shares have been transferred to compartment B of NYSE Euronext, which includes companies with a market cap of between €150 million and €1 billion. This transfer is a result of the Company’s capitalization at 31 December 2012 and its average capitalization over the last 60 trading days of the year. Such a transfer can be beneficial in enhancing the liquidity of STENTYS shares.
- Upcoming Financial ResultsSTENTYS expects to publish its 2012 annual financial results on 28 March 2013, before market.