After launching its new marketing campaign, Unleash the Power of Lemons, last year, Limoneira Company (NASDAQ:LMNR), a leading agribusiness, today announced its partnership with five Tokyo- and Osaka-based experts in the areas of health, beauty, food and drink, lifestyle, and cleaning to promote the many innovative uses of lemons. The experts are passionate, local opinion leaders who have paired with Limoneira to provide tips, uses, recipes, and much more on a new website, www.limoneira.com/unleash. Limoneira has also paired with local experts in Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York City and plans to do the same in Miami, Toronto, and Montreal. “The local leaders we’ve paired with are the movers and shakers in their industries, and they’re experts in using lemons in a variety of innovative and fun ways,” says Harold Edwards, Limoneira’s CEO. “We believe the campaign is a way to help drive consumption for our lemon business.” The Tokyo and Osaka experts include:
- Dr. Yukio Hattori - Founder of the elite Hattori Nutrition College, which was made famous by the Iron Chef; awardee from the Japanese Ministers of Health and Education; recipient of the Chevalier Order of Merit from the President of France; author of several cook books; and featured on Tokyo TV, Fuiji TV, and Asahi TV.
- Naomi Moriyama - Author of the bestselling book “ Japanese Women Don’t Get Old or Fat,” which illustrates why, according to The World Health Organization, Japanese women are living longer and healthier than everyone else on earth. Featured on The Today Show, The View, Iron Chef America, Real Simple Television, BBC, and The Today Show in Australia for her tips on how to lead a healthy life.
- Dr. Chiaki Kawashima - Beauty and skin care expert and graduate of Tokyo Medical University, member of the Japanese Dermatology Association, the Japanese Cosmetic Science Association, and more; her Azabu Skin Clinic specializes in natural rejuvenation and creating beautiful skin. Uses lemons for aromatherapy.
- Kojiro Tomoshige - The inspiration behind Jiro flowers, with retail outlets in Kashima Umeda (Osaka), Kobe, Kyoto, Namba, and Honolulu; he and his staff are creating a culture of flowers. Believes that lemons can add natural beauty to floral displays.
- Yuko Tsuruoka - Founder of Clean Planet Cleaning services to provide customers with life that is in harmony with a more natural, more comfortable, and more secure environment; operates in Tokyo’s 23 wards and believes that the use of natural materials such as Limoneira lemons and additive-free detergents are safe for the houses of her clients and protect her staff and the global environment.