Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- O'Reilly Automotive (Nasdaq: ORLY) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.72 versus $2.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.68 versus $3.72).
- ORLY's revenue growth trails the industry average of 22.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.94% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $341.67 million or 22.60% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.58%.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE