- For Your Viewing Pleasure - 97 percent of iPad users read emails on their device but two-thirds send only a few quick replies, if any. Only 31 percent read and send all their emails from their iPad.
- Women Use It Differently - Women showed stronger satisfaction with using their iPads for reading emails and are also more likely to send emails compared to men. Additionally, women are more likely to use their iPads for only personal emails at 68 percent while 52 percent of men send business emails as well.
- Apple Mail Favorite App - Apple Mail is the favorite app for users at 41 percent followed by Gmail at 31 percent and Hotmail at 13 percent. Eighteen percent of users open web browsers and access webmail rather than using an app.
- Most Popular Device for Email - iPad is clearly the preferred device on which to read and write emails.
- The most preferred device for reading emails is the Tablet (55%) followed by the PC/Mac (32%) and Mobile Phone (10%)
- The most preferred device for writing emails is the Tablet (48%) followed by the PC/Mac (41%) and Mobile Phone (9%)
- More than leisure - While 60 percent of respondents said they used the iPad just for personal emails, 38 percent used the iPad for both personal and work emails debunking the idea that the iPad was a purely leisure product.
Survey MethodologyThe survey was conducted online in the second half of 2012 among 4,400 adults aged 18 plus, of which 66 percent were women. Perion exercised its best endeavors in conducting and reporting the outcome of this survey; however, Perion takes no responsibility should one rely on these results. About Perion Network Ltd. Perion Network, Ltd. (NASDAQ: PERI) is a global consumer internet company that develops applications to make the online experience of its users simple, safe and enjoyable. Perion’s three main consumer brands are: IncrediMail, Smilebox and SweetIM. IncrediMail is a unified messaging application enabling consumers to manage multiple email accounts and Facebook messages in one place with an easy-to-use interface and extensive personalization features, and is available in over 100 countries in 8 languages; Smilebox is a leading photo sharing and social expression product and service that quickly turns life's moments into digital keepsakes for sharing and connecting with friends and family, in a fun and personal way. SweetIM is an instant messaging and Facebook application that enables consumers to personalize their everyday communications with free, fun and easy to use content. Perion products have had over 300 million downloads to date with more than 50 million monthly visitors across all of its brands. Most of Perion’s applications are monetized through a freemium model. Free versions of our applications are monetized primarily through our toolbar which generates search revenue and display advertising revenue, generated through impressions. A more advanced feature-rich version of many of our products is available with a premium upgrade. Perion also offers and develops a range of products for mobile phones and tablets to answer its users increasing mobile demands. For more information on Perion please visit www.perion.com. Forward Looking Statements This press release contains historical information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 with respect to the business, financial condition and results of operations of the Company. The words “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “should” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect the current views, assumptions and expectations of the Company with respect to future events and are subject to risks and uncertainties. In addition, the financial information set forth in this press release is not an indication of the future financial results of the Company following the consummation of the acquisition. Many factors could cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, or financial information, including, among others, potential litigation associated with the transaction, risks that the Company's acquisition activities may disrupt current plans and operations and pose difficulties in employee retention, risks entailed in integrating acquired businesses, changes in the markets in which the Company operates and in general economic and business conditions, loss of key customers and unpredictable sales cycles, competitive pressures, market acceptance of new products, inability to meet efficiency and cost reduction objectives, changes in business strategy and various other factors, whether referenced or not referenced in this press release. Various other risks and uncertainties may affect the Company and its results of operations, as described in reports filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, including its annual report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2011. The Company does not assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Source: Perion Network Ltd.1 http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2012/Tablet-Ownership-August-2012/Findings.aspx