BackgroundNavigating the mobile Web is growing in popularity and those charged with the responsibility of testing those websites need a new generation of tools capable of accurately rendering what an end user will see. Unfortunately, newcomers to mobile testing find that keeping up with a fragmented mobile device market, which is ever changing, makes in-house solutions expensive and burdensome. DeviceAnywhere Free solves this problem with the cost-effective and proven capabilities of remote, real device interactive testing. Users can test and spot check content on any smartphone available in the Keynote DeviceAnywhere Free cloud or enter a queue to reserve a specific device. DeviceAnywhere Free streams the device’s screen directly to the user’s computer screen, enables a complete view of the handset interface and allows the tester to interact with it from the desktop in real time, using nothing more than a Web browser. Testers can then access all of the devices’ functionality, including the ability to press and swipe touchscreens, push buttons, change orientations and power cycle the device. DeviceAnywhere Free features the most popular smartphones and is continually updated to stay current with the mobile device market. All devices are connected via Wi-Fi to enable testing of live mobile Web content. When testing needs grow to require sessions longer than 10 minutes per device, a carrier connection, or the need to download/upload apps or want to conduct device-to-device testing, users can advance their mobile testing to the next level by getting started with a free trial of Keynote DeviceAnywhere Test Center Developer. Features and Benefits of DeviceAnywhere Free:
- No Restrictions, No Obligations – Users have an unlimited number of 10 minute Web spot checking sessions on today’s popular iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows devices including the Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S III and Nexus, Motorola Droid RAZR, and the Nokia Lumia 710, among others.
- Full Device Functionality Testing – Users have the ability to press and swipe touchscreens, push buttons and power cycle the device. Devices can also be viewed in portrait and landscape modes.
- Session Recording – The application captures 10 minutes of navigation history and allows users to click through key features of their site, capturing screenshots for easy troubleshooting, archiving and reporting.
- Device Management – Users get an at-a-glance view of device status (available, offline, locked, in wait queue), and wait times for device testing. Users can sign up to wait for a device and be notified when it is free to begin testing.
- Web-Based – DeviceAnywhere Free is a web-based application making it very easy to access real mobile devices to test your mobile site from any location, using nothing more than a Web browser.
- Community Forum – Users can post questions, comments and best practices to both the Keynote team and other DeviceAnywhere Free users, joining an online community focused on mobile testing.