- By 2016 China is expected to become the largest Internet traffic market with 670 million Internet users, while Asia will become the dominant source of web traffic with a 42 per cent share, surpassing North America 1. To cope with this anticipated rise in demand, ChinaCache decided to increase its nodes inside Equinix’s data centers and leverage Equinix’s global footprint to expand its presence in Asia-Pacific.
- ChinaCache is the leading content delivery network provider in China with approximately 13,000 servers, as well as global nodes in Europe, Asia and the Americas. It provides comprehensive solutions for delivering content and applications throughout China and Asia to worldwide customers who desire to target these markets. ChinaCache’s deployment in Equinix’s data center in Hong Kong will help it capture the increase in demand from companies in Asia-Pacific seeking to access data and applications from China, as well as supply data and application-intensive services to China.
- From media to enterprise and e-commerce, ChinaCache’s customers operate in a number of different industries with varying demand for bandwidth and performance. By peering through the Equinix Internet Exchange ( EIE), ChinaCache can interconnect directly with its business partners and networks. As a result it can optimize access, latency and uptime performance by eliminating network hops and increase network efficiency while reducing transit costs of bandwidth.
- Equinix’s Marketplace of enterprises, service providers and content companies also enables ChinaCache to cross connect quickly and efficiently to multiple high value customers to grow its revenue. In addition, by expanding its coverage inside Equinix’s global data centers, ChinaCache is ensured the scalability it needs to develop more service offerings and expand into new markets to quickly respond and adapt to future market demand.
- Song Wang, founder, chairman and CEO, ChinaCache:
- Jim Poole , general manager of Global Networks and Mobility, Equinix:
About EquinixEquinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com. Keyword Tags Equinix, data center, IBX, Hong Kong, ChinaCache, network, CDN, content delivery network, interconnection, ecosystem, marketplace Forward Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release. Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc. 1 Congestion Up Ahead? Internet traffic and service forecasts, 2010-2015. Informa Telecoms and Media. March 2011