- Fourth-quarter EPS of 43 cents beats the consensus estimate of a 41-cent profit.
- Mortgage revenue rises 38% sequentially.
- Period-end total commercial loans increase by 5% sequentially; C&I loans by 8%.
- Net interest income declines; net interest margin narrows.
- Fourth quarter ROA of 1.33%, ROTCE of 14.1%, both increasing sequentially and year-over-year.
- $87 million, or nine cents a share, for debt extinguishment.
- $12 million, or a penny a share, on a reduced valuation for a warrant to purchase Vantiv shares.
- $10 million, or a penny a share, "related to the valuation of a Visa total return swap."
- $19 million, or two cents a share, to increase mortgage putback reserves, "due to new Freddie Mac (FMCC) guidance for potential 2004-06 repurchase claims."
Interested in more on Fifth Third Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn