Dell Software today announced that Quest Software, now a part of Dell, is positioned in the Challengers quadrant of the 2012 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Governance (IAG). Dell Quest’s position in the quadrant is based on its completeness of vision and ability to execute for Identity and Access Management and the current IAG functionality incorporated into Quest® One Identity Manager, part of Quest One Identity Solutions. The report, issued on December 17, 2012, evaluates a vendor’s ability to execute, including the ability to enable IT providers’ and business users’ performance to be competitive, efficient and effective, and to positively impact revenue, retention and reputation. Vendors also are judged on their ability and success in capitalizing on their vision. Quest One Identity Solutions enable access governance, privileged account management, identity administration, and user activity monitoring — today’s most pressing identity and access challenges. “We believe our position in the Challengers quadrant underscores our evolving mission to provide our customers with exceptional quality, user experience, and service levels, as well as low cost of ownership and business value,” said John Milburn, vice president and general manager, Quest Identity and Access Management, Dell Software. “We will continue to innovate while we execute on our vision to deliver solutions that will change the face of the security industry.” The new IAG market reflects industry changes brought about by the nexus of forces — cloud, mobile, social and information. According to Gartner, IAG as a discipline within enterprises continues to evolve. The competitive differentiator for Quest One Identity Solutions is that it empowers the business owner (not IT) to govern employees’ access to business-critical information by providing the right users with the right access for just the right amount of time, while ensuring the organization continues to operate in a secure and compliant manner.
- Quest Software continues to innovate in the creation of a compelling Identity and Access Management-related product set, and has capitalized on its vision with a significant number of customer wins.
- Quest One Identity Manager protects the organization by giving access control to the business owners who actually know who should have access to which sensitive data.
- In addition to helping data owners (not IT) determine who should have access, Quest One Identity Manager automates the request-and-approval workflow, keeping the sensitive data secure, while reducing the burden on IT.
- Quest One Identity Manager enables organizations to integrate with other Quest One solutions, including Quest ActiveRoles® Server, Quest Password Manager, Quest Webthority, Quest Defender® and Quest One Quick Connect, to add additional IAM functionality.
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
- Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
- Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx