Dell Software today announced that Quest Software, now a part of Dell, is positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the 2012 Gartner Magic Quadrant for User Administration/Provisioning. The report issued on Dec. 27, 2012, by Gartner Inc., evaluates vendors offering comprehensive Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions. Quest’s positioning in the Leaders quadrant is based on Gartner’s evaluation of Quest® One Identity Manager. As organizations grapple with the shifting IT landscape surrounding cloud, social media and BYOD, they face a multitude of challenges, which compel business and IT leaders to invest in enterprise-grade identity and access management solutions that ensure the right people have access to the right systems and resources at the right time. Quest One Identity Manager, part of the Quest One Identity Solutions, addresses mounting security concerns in a new and unique way, challenging the IAM status quo of expensive, highly complex, monolithic solutions. Quest One Identity Manager features a modular, yet integrated approach that puts the business in charge of controlling who has access to what. “We believe moving from the Challengers quadrant last year into the Leaders quadrant this year is a testament to the continued development and adoption of our identity and access management solutions,” said John Milburn, vice president and general manager, Quest Identity and Access Management, Dell Software. “We continue to evolve the Quest One Identity Solutions to provide our customers with a simple and unified approach to solving their biggest IAM challenges.” News Facts:
- Quest Software moved from the Challengers quadrant to the Leaders quadrant this year. In that year, it continued innovation, creation of a compelling IAM-related product set, execution of vision, and significant customer wins.
- Quest One Identity Solutions provide management of today’s most pressing identity and access challenges: access governance, privileged account management, identity administration and user activity monitoring.
- Quest One Identity Manager differs from the competition by offering a modular approach to today’s most pressing identity and access management demands, and is nimble enough to tackle future business needs as they arise.
- Quest One Identity Manager enables organizations to add other IAM capabilities and functionality, as needed, through integration with other solutions in the portfolio including Quest ActiveRoles® Server, Quest Password Manager, Quest Webthority, Quest Defender® and Quest One Quick Connect.
About DellDell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com and http://www.quest.com. RSS Feeds:
- Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx