Story updated with comments from the Citigroup conference call.
- Citigroup reports fourth-quarter profit of $1.2 billion or 38 cents a share.
- Excluding CVA/DVA and repositioning charges, Citi posted an EPS of 69 cents. Analysts expected 96 cents per share, according to consensus estimates available at Thomson Reuters
- Net revenue came in at $ 18.2 billion or $18.7 billion excluding CVA/DVA, against estimates of $18.81 billion.
- Bank reported profit of $ 7.5 billion in 2012, on revenues of $70.2 billion.
- Newly appointed-CEO Mike Corbat sayes operating environment remains challenging.