With almost three weeks in the month remaining, customers can take simple steps to reduce natural gas usage to potentially qualify for or increase their credit. Examples include:
- Lower the thermostat to 68 degrees during the daytime if it is safe to do so.
- Cut your shower time in half to reduce your water heating costs by a third.
- Set the water heater to 120 degrees or the "normal" setting.
- Wash clothes in cold water instead of hot.
- Open blinds and drapes on sunny days.
- Microwave small amounts of food instead of heating them up in the oven.