- Select Best Buy and Future Shop stores use the following Motorola Solutions’ technology to drive its mPOS strategy:
- ET1 tablet – Designed for assisted selling, mPOS, item locator and planogram management and compliance applications, the Android-based ET1 tablet in WAN or WLAN configurations brings the consumer tablet experience to an enterprise-class device.
- MC40 mobile computer – The MC40 is the first multi-purpose mobile computer for retail that incorporates inventory management with collaboration and line-busting mPOS capabilities in a compelling form factor.
- MPM-100 Bluetooth® mobile payment module – A rugged addition to Motorola's enterprise-class mobile payment solutions, this device turns the mobile computer into a mPOS device capable of Chip and PIN, and MSR transactions.
- Motorola’s mPOS solution also provides Best Buy and Future Shop with a mobile deployment and management solution, providing an easy way to keep their applications current and secure from a single, centralized IT location.
- A 2012 Motorola Solutions’ mPOS study found that 75 percent of retailers currently using fixed computers for customer-facing applications expect to use handheld computers, smartphones and tablets for this purpose in the near future. And while only 23 percent of respondents indicated they are currently using mPOS solutions, they anticipate replacing more than 36 percent of their fixed POS systems with mPOS by the end of 2013.
Girish Rishi, senior vice president, Enterprise Solutions, Motorola Solutions“Allowing an associate to stay by a customer’s side and answer questions, order out-of-stock merchandise for direct delivery and reinforce his or her purchasing decision increases the likelihood of closing that sale. The new level of responsiveness mPOS delivers makes the shopping experience more personal and interactive. By eliminating the walk to the register, mPOS solutions can help save sales and build brand loyalty.” SUPPORTING RESOURCES Motorola NRF Website: Motorola Solutions NRF 2013 Website: Motorola Solutions Retail Press Kit Website: Motorola Solutions Retail Solutions Website: Motorola Solutions Mobile Computers About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed. MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.