- Zebra recently completed the acquisition of StepOne Systems, a mobility software company that empowers store associates by giving them access to product details and inventory data to better support customers. Through StepOne’s retail application platform, Zebra can enable its partners and customers with the technologies they need to realize a fully integrated in-store solution for mobile payment, mobile checkout, customer engagement and store operations.
- Zebra formed a strategic partnership with Hybrid Paytech (CNSX: FAS), a key enabler of mobile payment technology that is PCI-compliant for EMV credit and PIN debit transactions. Supporting smartphones, tablets and PDA peripherals, the Hybrid solution has a full suite of functionality including multi-currency and multi-language.
- Zebra has also created a business relationship with Infinite Peripherals, Inc. to make Zebra’s Bluetooth ®-enabled printers interoperable with the Apple ® iOS platform. With many organizations today using mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets as business tools, this collaboration simplifies the integration of printing solutions with a range of devices.
- Finally, Zebra has established a business relationship with VisibleBrands to offer stores impression-based digital coupons at the shelf. Using Zebra’s real-time locating system based on ultra wideband (UWB) technology, VisibleBrands Moment of Decision ® gives shoppers access to digital offers relevant to a shopper’s location, historic store data and the specific shopping session that is occurring.
“Following a holiday season in which we saw nimble retailers outperform the industry by more effectively managing their operations and providing a differentiated shopping experience, more retailers are exploring new solutions to enhance in-store experience,” said Keith LeFebvre, VP of product management at Zebra Technologies. “Mobile POS solutions help retailers combat the trend of ‘showrooming’ in which shoppers visit physical store locations to see and touch products in person, and then purchase them online. Store associates can use mobile devices to provide a more customized, engaging experience consumers may not receive in online stores.”To further explore these trends, Zebra is co-presenting with Motorola Solutions on “Using Technology to Build Personal Experiences for the Omni-Channel Shopper” at the show on Monday, Jan. 14 from 9:15-10:00 AM (room 3D08, Expo Hall, level 3). Additionally, Zebra and its partners are demonstrating a wide range of solutions for the retail industry at NRF, including:
- Mobile payment – to bring the check-out process to the customer, enhance queue busting and facilitate remote delivery receipt and payment
- Price management applications – to deliver improved accuracy and greater efficiency
- Consumer loyalty applications – to help retailers increase repeat shoppers, resulting in higher sales
- RFID inventory accuracy solutions – to improve visibility and the customer experience
- Back-of-store receiving and inventory applications – to streamline operations and increase productivity
- Self-service kiosk solutions – to empower shoppers and help retailers become more profitable
An additional Zebra product on display at NRF is the QLn420, a reliable and durable printer that increases productivity in warehousing, shipping and receiving and merchandising applications. The company is also showcasing the latest in Zebra card printing with the ZXP Series 7™, which delivers fast, reliable performance while offering users exceptional value. (Both of the products will be available in Q1 2013.) View current product offerings from Zebra.About Zebra Technologies A global leader respected for innovation and reliability, Zebra Technologies Corporation ( NASDAQ: ZBRA) offers technologies that give a virtual voice to an organization’s assets, people and transactions, enabling organizations to unlock greater business value. The company’s extensive portfolio of marking and printing technologies, including RFID and real-time location solutions, illuminates mission-critical information to help customers take smarter business actions. For more information about Zebra’s solutions, visit http://www.zebra.com.