REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number oneindependent provider of dataintegration software, today announced its sponsorship of thenewly launched GovernYourData.com, avendor-neutral, online community and resource center focused ondata governance success, open to all data governance stakeholdersand solutions providers. The industry's first one-stop data governance resource, GovernYourData.com is the onlyonline data governance site to provide a combination of:
- An open data governance forum for sharing industrybest practices and tips.
- Free, self-service data governance tools for assessingdata governance maturity and prioritizing data management-relatedbusiness opportunities.
- Third-party content including best practiceswhitepapers, research reports, blogs and other non-promotionalcontent from data governance thought-leaders, solution providersand IT professionals.
- Business Opportunity Prioritization Assessment. Aunique and powerful tool that evaluates and scopes anorganization's data-dependent business initiatives. This free tooldelivers the initial framework for a governance initiative andhelps organizations prioritize where to most effectively investsubsequent data governance resources.
- Data Governance Maturity Assessment. An easy-to-usetool thatcustom-generates recommendations based on anorganization's assessment responses. Recommendations are deliveredimmediately online and multiple versions can be saved on the site.It is recommended that organizations take the assessment twice:once to assess current state maturity and the second time to focuson future state vision.
- Jim Harris, independent consultant and "Blogger-in-Chief" ofthe Obsessive-Compulsive DataQuality Blog.
- Richard Northwood, popular data quality and data managementblogger for Musings ofa Data Geek.
- Sunil Soares, founder and managing partner at Information Asset, LLC.Formerly director of information governance at IBM.
Note: Informatica and PowerCenter aretrademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation inthe United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. Allother company and product names may be trade names or trademarks oftheir respective owners.
CONTACT: Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 firstname.lastname@example.org Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com