REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced its sponsorship of the newly launched GovernYourData.com, a vendor-neutral, online community and resource center focused on data governance success, open to all data governance stakeholders and solutions providers. The industry's first one-stop data governance resource, GovernYourData.com is the only online data governance site to provide a combination of:
- An open data governance forum for sharing industry best practices and tips.
- Free, self-service data governance tools for assessing data governance maturity and prioritizing data management-related business opportunities.
- Third-party content including best practices whitepapers, research reports, blogs and other non-promotional content from data governance thought-leaders, solution providers and IT professionals.
- Business Opportunity Prioritization Assessment. A unique and powerful tool that evaluates and scopes an organization's data-dependent business initiatives. This free tool delivers the initial framework for a governance initiative and helps organizations prioritize where to most effectively invest subsequent data governance resources.
- Data Governance Maturity Assessment. An easy-to-use tool thatcustom-generates recommendations based on an organization's assessment responses. Recommendations are delivered immediately online and multiple versions can be saved on the site. It is recommended that organizations take the assessment twice: once to assess current state maturity and the second time to focus on future state vision.
- Jim Harris, independent consultant and "Blogger-in-Chief" of the Obsessive-Compulsive Data Quality Blog.
- Richard Northwood, popular data quality and data management blogger for Musings of a Data Geek.
- Sunil Soares, founder and managing partner at Information Asset, LLC. Formerly director of information governance at IBM.