The recruitment campaign for production operators is underway at Jaguar Land Rover's advanced manufacturing plant in Solihull, West Midlands.Jaguar Land Rover has recently confirmed a £370 million ( $600million) investment program for its Solihull site which includes the installation of a new aluminium body shop for the all-new Range Rover as well as upgrades to paint-applications technologies, trim assembly, warehousing and Jaguar Land Rover's first customer handover centre. In the last two years, Jaguar Land Rover has embarked on the most ambitious recruitment campaign in the company's history, hiring 8,000 people. It now employs 25,000 people globally. Details of the new roles along with other current vacancies at Jaguar Land Rover can be found at: www.jaguarlandrovercareers.com. Please visit http://forummedia.us/jaguar2012detroit/broll.html for b-roll from this evening's announcement. Ends Notes to editors:
- Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest circa £2bn in its products and facilities in the financial year to March 2013.
- Jaguar Land Rover is building a state of the art advanced engine facility at i54 South Staffordshire Business Park investing £355m and creating 750 new jobs. Construction commenced on 20 th June 2012 and is on-going.
- Jaguar Land Rover makes a significant contribution to the UK economy contributing £7bn GVA in the last financial year.
- One of the UK's largest exporters by value (£8.2bn in 2011) and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.
- 12 months to 31 March 2012, Jaguar Land Rover generated profit before tax of £1.5bn with revenues of £13.5bn
- Jaguar Land Rover is working on plans to extend its global production footprint, particularly in India and China.
- Jaguar Land Rover has been conditionally awarded funding from the UK Government's Regional Growth Fund (Round Three) programme.