- The mobile application enables consumers to receive product and brand information, manage and redeem loyalty points for coupons and cash to use at participating unattended and traditional retail locations;
- Consumers can make a purchase at an ePort®-enabled machine utilizing their preferred cashless payment method and receive a coupon via email;
- Consumers using the mobile app can search for participating retailers or “locations” based on where the consumer is in real time, and verify that their favorite item is in stock at the machine in their area;
- Consumers using the mobile app can redeem coupons at unattended terminals using their NFC phones with digital wallet, credit card or debit cards, or a prepaid account; and,
- Consumers can use their points to send “gifts” to other participants, making the application interactive and social, encouraging greater usage.
“In our view, loyalty and couponing features, coupled with the data compiled as part of our customer’s ePort Connect® service offering, will essentially transform the way many owners and operators in the unattended market conduct business,” added Duska. “We believe business owners will have unprecedented access to consumers; they will be able to engage with them to foster a relationship with the brand, encourage spending, and create the opportunity for additional revenue streams through brand advertising. The markets we serve will be able to harness cutting edge technology in ways never thought possible, and working with Verizon is helping us reach these new heights,” concluded Duska.The mobile application is a result of USAT’s co-marketing agreement with Verizon. Verizon’s M2M sales team includes USAT’s cashless and telemetry solutions in their M2M sales toolkit. USAT’s comprehensive ePort Connect service employs the Verizon Wireless network and the Verizon M2M Management Center platform. The Verizon M2M Management Center is a single, scalable and flexible system that allows partners like USAT to view and manage their M2M connectivity. The 2013 CES (Consumer Electronics Show) will feature 3,000 global technology companies unveiling the latest consumer technology products and services across 15 major product categories including the latest in audio, automotive electronics, connected home technologies, digital imaging/photography, electronic gaming, entertainment/content, wireless and more. CES 2013 is taking place at the Las Vegas Convention Center and USAT representatives can be found in the South Hall 3, Upper Level, at the Verizon Main booth #31400. For more information on the 2013 CES, visit www.CESweb.org. About USA Technologies: USA Technologies is a leader of wireless, cashless payment and M2M telemetry solutions for small-ticket, self-serve retailing industries. ePort Connect® is the company’s flagship service platform, a PCI-compliant, end-to-end suite of cashless payment and telemetry services specially tailored to fit the needs of the small ticket, self-service retail industries. USA Technologies’ also provides a broad line of cashless acceptance technologies including its NFC-ready ePort® G8, ePort Mobile™ for customers on the go, and QuickConnect™, an API Web service for developers. USA Technologies has been granted 84 patents; and has agreements with Verizon, Visa, Elavon and major customers such as Compass, Crane, AMI Entertainment and others. Visit the website at www.usatech.com. G-USAT