The Saab Secure program launch marks the culmination of a busy startup period for SPNA. In the spring of 2012, Saab Automobile Parts AB in Sweden established SPNA as its North American subsidiary. In early June 2012, SPNA purchased the remaining parts inventory from the Saab Cars bankruptcy estate and began operations in North America. Since then, SPNA has:
- Established a network of 179 Official Service Centers in the US and Canada.
- Returned availability of Saab parts back to the high levels that existed prior to the Saab Automobile AB bankruptcy.
- Entered into an agreement with General Motors to administer warranty services on 2009 and prior model years, providing a seamless warranty experience for those Saab owners.
- Launched the Saab Secure program to support owners of 2010 and 2011 Saab models.
- Launched a North America Technical Assistance Center to provide technical help for Saab Service Centers in providing high quality repairs for Saab owners.
- Launched a North America Customer Assistance Center on January 7, 2013 to support all Saab customers in North America needing assistance with inquiries about parts, accessories, service and technical support.
- Launched a new SPNA website, Saab.com and Facebook page www.facebook.com/Saab to share up to date information about the company, service facilities and current promotions.