- Nextera® Rapid Capture Exome Kits represent a new generation of targeted enrichment products, providing the fastest exome enrichment workflow on both the HiSeq® 2500 and the MiSeq®. With a sample-to-data protocol of less than three days, the kits deliver a 70% speed improvement over current technologies, with a solution optimized for efficient enrichment of coding content. Commercial availability for these kits is scheduled for the end of 1Q’13.
- Nextera Rapid Capture Custom Kits enable enrichment of hundreds of kilobases to tens of megabases of custom-selected content. Fully automated probe design through DesignStudio™ and the ability to add content to previously designed panels will be provided. Nextera Rapid Capture Custom Kits will begin shipping in 2Q’13.
- TruSeq® DNA PCR-Free Kits are a simple, all-inclusive sample prep solution for whole-genome sequencing providing industry-best genome coverage, the ability to sequence the most challenging regions, and the power to identify variants with high accuracy. These kits will be available to order on January 21, 2013.
- Nextera Mate-Pair Sample Preparation Kits offer the only gel-free method for preparing up to 15 kb mate-pair libraries in less than two days with the industry’s lowest DNA input; an ideal approach for de novo sequencing, genome finishing, and the detection of structural variation – even in the most complex genomes such as those derived from cancer. These kits are available for immediate order.
- TruSeq Targeted RNA Kits bring a new standard to mid-plex gene expression profiling and validation by overcoming significant challenges in cost and workflow. User-defined custom panels of 12-1,000 assays can be created to target genes, isoforms, splice junctions, and cSNPs, all of which can be added to a wide variety of pre-selected gene panels focused on cell pathways and disease states. Commercial availability for the TruSeq Targeted RNA Kit is scheduled for 1Q’13.
- A new flow cell technology will provide a significant increase in cluster density and number of reads per flow cell while reducing image-processing time. This new technology improves support for counting applications, lowers the cost per data point, and reduces turnaround time for sequencing projects. First customer experience with these new flow cells will occur in the second half of this year.
- A novel library prep method and analysis algorithm, enabled by the acquisition of Moleculo Inc., will produce synthetic read lengths up to 10 kb at an extremely low error rate (Q50 or better). This advancement allows more comprehensive coverage and accurate genotyping of clinically important genes and new applications such as phased resequencing of human genomes, and rapid de novo sequencing of complex plant and animal genomes.
- HiSeq 2500 chemistry enhancements empower the industry’s highest daily throughput and drive down the price of whole-genome sequencing. With support of paired 250 base pair read lengths in rapid run mode, the HiSeq 2500 will be capable of generating up to 300 Gb in rapid mode with sample to data in less than three days. These enhancements will be available in the second half of this year.
- BaseSpace Apps, a dedicated applications store for BaseSpace, has quickly become a seminal environment for the deployment of informatics tools. Today the community has grown to more than 100 independent developers who are working to bring a wide assortment of analysis tools to a growing cloud-enabled user base.
About IlluminaIllumina ( www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare. Forward-Looking Statements This release contains forward looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Examples of forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements we make regarding the expected shipping and availability dates for new sample preparation products and technology enhancements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in any forward-looking statements include challenges inherent in developing, manufacturing, and launching new products and services and the other factors that are detailed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, or in information disclosed in public conference calls, the date and time of which are released beforehand. We do not intend to update any forward-looking statements after the date of this release.