Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced the MP6000 multi-plane scanner/scale, an imaging-based bioptic solution that will help customers quickly checkout at retail stores. With its modular design and embedded customer side scanner for expanded functionality, this point-of-sale (POS) device allows cost-conscious retailers to scan 1D and 2D bar codes and engage with shoppers’ smartphones. The MP6000 will be publicly displayed for the first time at NRF 2013 booth #921 in New York City on Jan. 14. KEY FACTS
- Designed for supermarkets, hypermarkets, mass merchandisers, discount stores, home improvement stores, and warehouse clubs, the MP6000 will easily scan traditional paper-based bar codes as well as mobile coupons and bar codes delivered on the screen of a mobile device.
- The MP6000 offers a flexible design that can grow with a retailer’s needs and will include modules such as a scale to weigh produce and expansion ports for connection to handheld scanners and electronic article surveillance (EAS) devices while providing expandability for future requirements like RFID.
- Retailers can choose an optional embedded customer side scanner to engage with current and future consumer smartphone apps. This will enable shoppers to scan both traditional paper-based and mobile loyalty cards, coupons, gift cards or even small impulse buys while the cashier scans other items in the order.
- To help move customers quickly through the checkout process and eliminate the challenge of trying to align the bar code “just right,” the MP6000 will provide full six-sided coverage with 100 percent imaging technology offering excellent performance and better read rates than laser or hybrid bioptic scanners on damaged, poorly printed and overwrapped bar codes.
- Motorola’s MP6000 multi-plane scanner utilizes no moving parts and will yield at least 30 percent less power consumption per lane compared to current laser-based bioptic scanners - helping retailers reduce their repair costs and carbon footprint.
- Complimentary end-to-end remote management software from Motorola enables the configuration of MP6000s and their attached peripherals anywhere in the world helping empower IT organizations to reduce costs.
- Best-in-class “Service from the Start” programs from Motorola Solutions can provide comprehensive coverage for the MP6000. Retailers can focus on their business and help decrease equipment downtime with Advanced Exchange depot repair or On-Site repair offerings delivered by Motorola and an ecosystem of partners.
SUPPORTING RESOURCESMotorola NRF Website: Motorola Solutions NRF 2013 Website: Motorola Solutions Retail Solutions Website: Motorola Solutions Retail Press Kit Twitter: Motorola Solutions Retail Facebook: Motorola Solutions About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed. MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.