Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, and the Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing at the University of Arizona today released the results from a new survey of 7,000 consumers across the US, UK, France and Germany that uncovers an emerging and valuable consumer segment. Research shows that this segment, coined Digital Divas, are digitally engaged and fashionable consumers that leverage an average of 3.7 technologies while shopping (versus an average of less than one technology by non-divas). While they comprise only 22 percent of fashion buyers, Digital Divas represent 69 percent of all fashion spending.
- Omni-Channel: They visit an average of 3.4 destinations during their journey, primarily shopping at physical retail stores (70%) and retailer websites (51%).
- Mobile: They are twice as likely to use mobile devices while shopping in stores than non-divas – giving them both access and inclinations to not only communicate, but also shop on the move.
- Informed: They are information omnivores, seeking out and devouring content from an average of 3.5 sources before purchase.
“Retailers can’t ignore exponential value that Digital Divas represent,” said Rob Garf, Vice President of Product and Solutions Marketing at Demandware. “To address their needs, it is imperative that retailers establish a digital backbone to enable seamless and consistent experiences for these digitally savvy consumers.”Learn More:
- Download the Report: To learn more about these Digital Divas and what retailers need to do to serve this new customer segment, download the full report, “Who Are Digital Divas and Why Should Retailers Care?”
- Register for the Webinar: Join Anita Bhappu, Ph.D., The University of Arizona, and Rob Garf, Vice President of Product and Solutions Marketing, Demandware, for a live webinar on Tuesday, February 19th at 1:00 p.m. EST.
- Attend the Conference: The Global Retailing Conference 2013 of the University of Arizona's Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing. April 11-12, Loews Ventana Canyon, Tucson, AZ
- View and Share the Infographic: Who are Digital Divas and Why Do They Matter?
About DemandwareDemandware (NYSE: DWRE) is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Demandware Commerce platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call 1-888-553-9216 or email email@example.com. Connect With Us: