According to research 1 quoted by AIIM ®, 7.5 percent of all office documents are lost and 3.5 percent of the remaining documents are misfiled. In paper-laden professions, such as healthcare or real estate, that adds up to thousands of misplaced papers and hours of wasted time. Xerox (NYSE: XRX) today introduced the Xerox DocuMate ® 5445 and 5460, two feature-rich document scanners that help reduce the number of lost or misplaced documents by:
- Handling mixed paper sizes. One scanner takes care of everything from hard plastic cards and small receipts to mail and long forms.
- Fitting on any desk. Placing a scanner in a location where documents typically enter a business simplifies the paperwork stream.
- Reducing the need for multiple devices. A one-stop-shop approach to scanning saves energy, maintenance and improves organization.
Other advanced features include:
- Multi-part forms scan easily by lifting the manual feed selector.
- Mixed paper and hard card batch scanning (up to three cards) via a mixed batch card guide that snaps into the ADF.
- Both scanners automatically lower output speeds for short documents (5.82" or less) and exit guides prevent fly-away paper at the exit tray.
- The 75-sheet document feeder handles paper sizes from 1.9" x 2.8" to 8.5" x 100", and weights from 5.4 to 55 lbs.
- Certified TWAIN™, ISIS® and WIA drivers to enable communication with hundreds of enterprise content management (ECM) and document image management (DIM) software solutions,
- Visioneer Acuity to provide advanced image enhancement,
- Visioneer DriverPLUS to enable sophisticated integration with your document capture and workflows,
- Nuance® PaperPort®, OmniPage® Pro and PDF Converter Pro.
1 Betsy Fanning and Bryant Duhon, “World Paper-Free Day Revolution Handbook,” October 15, 2012, © AIIM 2012, www.aiim.org