Alcatel-Lucent showcases 12 new cloud-based ng Connect service concepts at CES 2013
Sprint joins more than 190 member companies as first North American service provider in ng Connect ProgramPARIS, Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) will be demonstrating 12 new cloud-based service concepts created by its ng Connect Program at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show, South Hall Booth 31412, showcasing new ideas aimed at stimulating application innovation as consumers seek ever more exciting experiences from connected devices like smartphones and tablets. The ng Connect Program - founded by Alcatel-Lucent - is a multi-industry 'ecosystem' dedicated to the creation of the next-generation user experience for connected consumers. The program is comprised of more than 190 member companies, of either Contributing or Associate membership levels, and including leading network, application and content providers and consumer electronics manufacturers. Among the most recent members to join the ng Connect ecosystem is Sprint, the first North America service provider to become part of the program. Service concepts demonstrated at CES 2013 include:
- Interactive digital signage platforms featuring cloud-based services for public venues and retailers.
- Cloud-connected tables serving advertising, entertainment, and media in transitional waiting spaces such as airports and train stations.
- Energy management applications to enable utilities to offer customers a customized service that monitors and adjusts high-consumption home appliances without losing comfort or convenience.
- Connected service vehicle featuring a Ford Transit van equipped with broadband technologies and cloud-based applications connecting mobile workers.
- Connected health and wellness cloud-based services that bridge the gap between consumer personalized health and wellness programs and professional, secure telehealth services.
- Cloud-based learning platforms that empower teachers, while engaging students in a 21 st century learning environment, as well as enterprise learning.
- Communications Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that make application development easy and quickly without having to delve into the underlying IMS technology.
- An open standards-based public safety service concept that leverages commercial offerings for enhanced capabilities, such as vehicle tracking and surveillance, and significantly lower costs.
- Sprint— www.sprint.com
- Apptricity – http://www.apptricity.com
- Eclipse Identity Recognition Corporation – www.eclipseir.com
- Electric Power Board of Chattanooga (EPB) – www.epb.net
- NewAer - http://www.newaer.com
- Scarlet Strategic - www.scarletstrategic.com
- Teldat – www.teldat.com
- ThingMagic, a division of Trimble -- www.thingmagic.com
- Vitalae Corporate Services – www.vitalaecs.com