- Use at least two inches of packaging peanuts on each side of your item.
- Use packing tape on all package seams – do not use masking, cellophane or duct tape.
- Make sure the sender’s and recipient’s addresses are visible both inside and outside of the package.
- Use a new box to provide additional protection for your items. Do not use old boxes or gift boxes to ship gifts, or any string or wrapping paper on the outside of the package.
- Take batteries out of items before shipping.
UPS (NYSE: UPS) UPS Next Day Air ® Saturday pickups will be made at convenient locations of The UPS Store around the country with the knowledgeable packaging experts and supplies for assistance. Check The UPS Store locator for cut-off times that may vary by location. The UPS Store has more locations than FedEx Office. Customers can rely on The UPS Store to expertly pack and ship their loved one’s gifts. The UPS Store guarantees gifts will arrive safely via The UPS Store’s Pack & Ship Guarantee ®, which reimburses customers for the item’s value and full retail price paid for packaging materials and service.* For customers who prefer to pack their own holiday shipments, here’s a reminder of helpful tips: