- The number of franchise establishments in the U.S. will increase by 1.4% next year, just shy of 1.5% growth in 2012.
- The number of jobs in franchise establishments will increase by 2% compared to 2.1% growth in 2012.
- The output of franchise establishments in nominal dollars in 2013 will increase 4.3%, following a 4.9% increase in 2012 from $769 billion to $802 billion.
- The gross domestic product of the franchise sector is projected to rise 4.1% in 2013 versus 4.6% growth in 2012 from $454 billion to $472 billion.
- 1. Accelerate income. "In normal years, the typical advice is to delay income and increase expenses at year's end. But you might want to turn this upside down this year. If you're doing very well, you'll likely pay higher taxes on income in 2013," Abrams writes.
- 2. Purchase any necessary new equipment in 2012 to get up to a $125,000 deduction.
- 3. Set up a qualified retirement account. If you already have one, increase your contribution.
- 4. Make charitable contributions for a tax deduction.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.