Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. J.M. Smucker ( SJM) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, J.M. Smucker fell 89 cents (-1%) to $86.46 on light volume. Throughout the day, 223,708 shares of J.M. Smucker exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 598,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $86.34-$87.61 after having opened the day at $87.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.35. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), down 5.9%, Crumbs Bake Shop ( CRMB), down 5.3%, Synutra International ( SYUT), down 4%, and Annie's ( BNNY), down 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full J.M. Smucker Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.