"Each Civ represents a choice," Bouryng said. "As we spread that choice to others – whether they're friends, family, employees or customers – by sharing Civ, we're able to spread the joy that comes with helping others and supporting charities doing good work. That's what the holidays are all about. The Civ builds momentum for good causes as a whole and gives the people you care about the ability to transfer that momentum to the good causes they care about most."The Civ presents significant advantages over using dollars for charitable giving. Ideas for using CivGift cards include:
- Funding your Civic Giving Account to take advantage of tax deductions before December 31.
- Using your Civ in 2013 to give the gift of choice to friends, family, employees, and customers on holidays and special days such as a birthdays.
- Wishing your customers, employees, friends and families a happy new year and a way to give to their favorite good causes.
- Thanking customers for their business and employees for their good work.
- Creating a charitable fund that others can use to give from during times of need, acts of God and tragedy.
- In lieu of flowers, to show that you care about the cause that the recipient cares about.