- Total sales declined 4% compared to the prior year with acquisitions contributing 4%, the weaker Euro a 1% headwind, and core sales down 7%.
- Diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) were $0.49, a 2% reduction compared to the prior year.
- Operating profit margins were 13.6%, a 100 basis point reduction from the prior year due primarily to the impact of lower volumes, most notably in the Engineered Solutions segment.
- Repurchased 0.3 million shares of common stock for $7 million in the quarter.
- Introduced second quarter EPS guidance in the range of $0.34-0.38 per share.
Actuant Corporation (NYSE: ATU) today announced results for its first quarter ended November 30, 2012. Highlights