- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Although SYNA's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.01 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.72, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 49.40% is the gross profit margin for SYNAPTICS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, SYNA's net profit margin of 4.76% significantly trails the industry average.
- SYNAPTICS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SYNAPTICS INC reported lower earnings of $1.59 versus $1.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.72 versus $1.59).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 27.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $29.61 million or 4.64% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 4.64%, SYNAPTICS INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.75%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade.