- Simplified Security Management. Single console for full end user ecosystem PC, tablets, external media, mobile devices and public clouds.
- Lower cost of PC lifecycle maintenance for encrypted machines. Works seamlessly with existing IT tools and processes. Data-centric approach to encryption doesn’t interfere with existing IT maintenance tools like patch management, application updating or password recovery.
- Flexible data protection. Protects wherever data goes from smart phone to the cloud including core PC device data, largest variety of removable media, self-encrypting drives, MS BitLocker clients, mobile devices and end user data in the cloud.
- Ease in deployment and provisioning. Provision users up to 5.5x faster than competitive solutions – saving more than three hours per PC. Remotely manage end point encryption and authentication policies from single console.
- High levels of security and protection. The Dell Hardware Encryption Accelerator solution equips end-user systems with military-grade protection. It also reaches the highest level of U.S. Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) certification for endpoint disk encryption commercially available, 140-2 Level 3.
Quotes“In today’s work environment data is always in-flight -- from work being done on a local PC, being sent via email, stored on a USB drive and saved in the cloud. Each one of those experiences represents a potential security risk. As a result, businesses need a data protection strategy that is comprehensive, flexible and easy to deploy,” said Jeff Clarke, president, End User Computing Solutions at Dell. “The Credant assets will complement and extend current Dell device security features to make Dell Latitude, OptiPlex and Dell Precision computers among the world’s most secure. When combined with the change in compute behaviors and data in-flight, Dell can now offer a differentiated security proposition based on its own intellectual property.” “Protecting critical information has only become more important as organizations globally struggle to protect their data in an ever more complex world,” said Bob Heard, chief executive officer and founder of Credant. “This combination allows Credant to bring its deep capabilities in data security to Dell’s robust solution set and customer base. Together, we will continue to focus on innovation and building value that result in beneficial outcomes for our customers.” About Credant Credant was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Addison, Texas. Dell has a long-standing joint development partnership and OEM agreement with Credant and uses its technology in its Dell Data Protection|Encryption solution. About Dell Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com. Dell, Latitude, OptiPlex and Dell Precision are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others. Special Note: Statements that relate to future results and events are forward-looking statements based on Dell's current expectations. Actual results and events in future periods may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements because of a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the possibility that projected benefits may not materialize as expected; that the transaction may not be timely completed, if at all; that Dell is unable to successfully implement the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including the execution of integration strategies; and other risks that are described in Dell’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports. Dell undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.