Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, recently launched sales of the new FPA-3030i5+ i-line stepper. The FPA-3030i5+ is designed to provide a long-term manufacturing solution for manufacturers of energy-efficient, environmentally conscious devices *1 including Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs),MicroElectroMechanical Systems (MEMS) *2 and power semiconductors *3. As awareness of clean energy and energy conservation continues to increase, demand has simultaneously increased for new environmentally conscious technologies including wind and solar power, high-efficiency vehicles and low-power facilities. As a result, manufacturers of these devices have unique process requirements that have been incorporated into the FPA-3030i5+ semiconductor stepper design that, along with optional equipment available to be purchased separately, will help facilitate these process requirements. The FPA-3030i5+ represents a new product platform, designed specifically to provide a flexible solution for a variety of users, including power semiconductor, LED and MEMS manufacturers. Canon FPA-3030 platform provides performance and productivity improvements The FPA-3030 platform represents an upgrade to earlier Canon “FPA-3000 platform” steppers. The FPA-3030i5+ features an overhauled software structure and electrical control system that allow application of optional advanced hardware (e.g., projection lens, wafer stage, and alignment system) that is not compatible with traditional FPA-3000 platform steppers. The FPA-3030i5+ is capable of providing imaging resolution below 0.35μm *4, while maintaining overlay accuracy of less than or equal to 40nm *5 and throughput equal to or in excess of 104 wafers per hour *6. Canon developed the FPA-3030i5+ system to meet and exceed the imaging, overlay and productivity requirements of those environmentally conscious devices and MEMS manufacturers. Canon FPA-3030 platform supports optional equipment designed for special substrate materials required for energy reducing devices and MEMS manufactures The FPA-3030 platform allows the use of optional equipment designed for the processing of silicon (Si), sapphire (Al 2O3), silicon carbide (SiC) and a wide variety of wafer materials used in environmentally conscious device manufacturing. Optional equipment for the FPA-3030i5+ includes warped-wafer handling systems to allow processing of distorted substrates, and advanced image processing systems for clear substrates. With the purchase of the optional Multi-Size Wafer Kit, the FPA-3030i5+ stepper can also be configured to process multiple wafer sizes, and can be equipped with other optional equipment to help improve productivity and efficiency.
Canon FPA-3030i5+ stepper feature summary1. FPA-3030i5+ imaging system provides 0.35μm resolution with a flexible optical system and lens
- FPA-3030i5+ lens and optical system specifications equal FPA-3000 platform specifications.
- Variable Lens NA (0.45-0.63) and illumination Sigma (σ, 0.3-0.7 @ NA0.63) allows control of resolution and depth of focus.
- The FPA-3030i5+ optical system supports Off-Axis Illumination and provides imaging resolution requested by manufacturers of energy efficient devices.
- FPA-3030i5+ is equipped with field-proven stage drive and damper control systems to provide high stability and reliability.
- Wafer stage position is controlled by Laser Interferometer System and wafer alignment scope.
- FPA-3030i5+ is capable of overlay accuracy less than or equal to 40nm to support production of highly efficient devices.
- With the purchase of the optional special-substrate handling system, the FPA-3030i5+ supports special substrates widely used in manufacturing of environmentally conscious devices, including silicon (Si), sapphire (Al 2O 3) and gallium arsenide (GaAs).
- With the purchase of the optional warped wafer handling system the FPA-3030i5+ supports processing of wafers warped and distorted by earlier process steps.
- FPA-3030i5+ supports overlay correction for random wafer distortion effects.
- With the purchase of the optional Multi-Size Wafer Kits, the FPA-3030i5+ can process multiple wafer sizes (75mm & 100mm; 100mm & 150mm; 150mm & 200mm) without additional configuration change.
- FPA-3030i5+ adopts systems developed for the “FPA-5500 platform” steppers. FPA-5500 steppers are widely accepted as a leading exposure system for high-volume memory devices *7, image sensors *8 and advanced packaging applications.
- The new FPA-3030i5+ e-Console software structure allows compatibility and migration of process and exposure conditions from earlier FPA-3000 platform systems
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2011† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2012. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss . †Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. Availability and specifications of all products are subject to change without notice. *1 General term for electronic components designed to reduce environmental impact *2 Electric machinery microelements used in smartphones, etc. (ex. accelerometer, gyroscope) *3 Semiconductors to control motors, lighting, and power supply and conversion. *4 1 μm (micrometer) = (1 meter) / ( 1 million) *5 1 nm (nanometer) = (1 meter) / ( 1 billion) *6 200mm wafers, 60 shots per wafer *7 Memory devices used in digital information equipment such as smartphones and personal computers *8 Image Sensors used in digital cameras and mobile phone cameras