- Remained hospitalized 5.5 days longer than controls
- Had $8,544 more in total hospital charges than control patients ($14,289 vs. $5,745, respectively)
- Received more than two times the total opioid dose compared to the controls by the time of discharge
- Reported a markedly higher incidence of ORAEs compared to controls
- Gastrointestinal ORAEs occurred in 44 percent of outliers compared to 19 percent of control patients; P< 0.01
- Respiratory ORAEs occurred in 12 percent of outliers compared to just one percent of control patients; P< 0.01
Please see the full Prescribing Information for more details available at www.EXPAREL.com.1. The Joint Commission. Sentinel Event Alert: Safe Use of Opioids in Hospitals. 2012; issue 49.