DANBURY, Conn., Dec. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Biodel Inc. (Nasdaq:BIOD) today reported financial results for the fourth fiscal quarter ended September 30, 2012. Highlights of fourth fiscal quarter:
- Initiated Phase 2 clinical trial of BIOD-123, an ultra-rapid-acting formulation of recombinant human insulin (RHI); top line data expected in the third calendar quarter of 2013.
- Initiated Phase 1 clinical trial of BIOD-238 and BIOD-250, two ultra-rapid-acting formulations of an insulin analog; top line data expected in the first calendar quarter of 2013.
- Awarded two NIH grants totaling approximately $1.16MM to develop novel and stable glucagon and concentrated ultra-rapid-acting insulin formulations for use in an artificial pancreas.
- Prioritized liquid glucagon program to develop room temperature presentations.
- Hosted research and development seminar featuring independent diabetes experts describing unmet medical needs and therapeutic developments related to Biodel's ultra-rapid-acting insulin and glucagon programs.