REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Dec. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Support.com, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPRT) today announced Software as a Service (SaaS) licensing options for its Nexus® service delivery platform, which is specifically designed for technology support providers. Nexus is a suite of cloud-based applications, foundation services and business analytics that enable remote and on-site technology services. "Nexus is the result of years of intensive R&D investment, incorporating everything we've learned working with the nation's largest communications companies, retailers, technology providers, enterprise help desks and other support organizations," said Rich Matta, Senior Vice President of Engineering and SaaS Solutions. "We deliver some of the largest premium support programs in the world using the Nexus platform. By licensing the platform, we provide an opportunity for others to benefit from our innovation, improving efficiency while enhancing the experience for their customers." Nexus is offered in three different editions to meet a wide range of technology service provider needs:
- Nexus Standard complements existing service desk and remote support solutions by providing a unique technology that guides and automates the service delivery process, thereby enhancing consistency, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Nexus Plus adds a complete remote and online support capability to the Standard offering, enabling organizations to reduce the frequency of onsite visits and provide faster turnaround times.
- Nexus Enterprise delivers a comprehensive and seamlessly integrated alternative to multiple disparate systems, including service desk management, remote support, subscription billing and entitlement management. One of the largest direct marketing firms in the United States is currently deploying Nexus Enterprise for use in its technology services business.
- Consumer / SMB Applications that drive sales via a health check app; provide a seamless experience for subscribers through a desktop client, a subscriber portal and e-cart for online sales; and optimize and secure computers, tablets and smartphones.
- Tech Expert Applications that guide workflow and automate solutions to technical problems; a unified workspace that combines remote support, chat, telephony, ticketing and order taking and eliminates the "swivel chair" between applications; and a supervisor dashboard that enables real-time monitoring.
- Foundation Services for building comprehensive and fully branded technology service programs including: marketing modules that provide a recommendation engine, customer profiles, and subscriber messaging; commerce modules including PCI compliant payment processing and a flexible promotion engine; entitlement modules including subscription management, service definitions, and software licensing; and logistics modules including skills-based routing and work order management.
- Web Services APIs that enable a tightly integrated partner ecosystem, with pre-built integrations to key technology partners for on-site and depot services, small business cloud services, warranty offerings and online backup. Web services APIs are also included for real-time integration to existing systems such as e-commerce, billing, CRM, point-of-sale and others.
- Business Analytics and Reporting that provide insight into program performance, marketing KPIs, subscription usage and churn, service delivery quality and compliance, SLA management and customer satisfaction. Reports are accessible through a real-time portal and can also be distributed regularly via email or secure FTP export.
The Support.com, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=11893Safe Harbor Statement This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the U.S. Federal Securities Laws, including the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is subject to the safe harbors created by such laws. Forward-looking statements may relate to, but are not limited to the features available in, and the potential benefits to be derived from products and solutions and plans and market acceptance of such products and solutions. Such forward-looking statements are based on current expectations that involve a number of uncertainties and risks that may cause actual events or results to differ materially including, among others, shifts in customer demand, shifts in strategic relationships, delays in Support.com's ability to deliver its products and services, software errors, or announcements by competitors. These and other risks may be detailed from time to time in Support.com periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, its latest Annual Report on Form 10-K and its latest Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, copies of which may be obtained from www.sec.gov. Support.com is under no obligation to update its forward-looking statements. Information contained in our website is not incorporated by reference in, or made part of this press release.
CONTACT: Seth Geisler Martin Levy Public Relations, Inc. (858) 610-9860 firstname.lastname@example.org