LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Dec. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Windstream Hosted Solutions, one of the nation's premier providers of enterprise-class managed hosting solutions, today announced plans to construct a new enterprise-class data center in Durham, N.C. The new 22,000-square-foot facility (expandable to 88,000 square feet), which is scheduled to open in 2013, is being built to handle the increased demand for data center services from Windstream's customers. The new Tier III facility will initially add an additional 10,000 square feet of raised floor data center space to Windstream's data center inventory, with the ability to accommodate expansion up to 40,000 square feet over time. Windstream Hosted Solutions currently operates two other data centers in the Raleigh-Durham area and this is the latest expansion in the Triangle market as a result of customer demand for robust cloud computing solutions and managed services, which can help companies more efficiently manage resources and reduce costs. The new Windstream Durham data center will feature a full array of benefits, including:
- Tier III modular design for easy capacity expansion as needed;
- 2500kVa of utility capacity, expandable to five times that amount;
- 360 tons of cooling capacity to keep inside temperatures constant at an average of 74 degrees Fahrenheit;
- Redundant OC-192 10Gbps circuits, connecting each center to multiple Windstream core POP sites with fully redundant peering;
- Onsite Network Operations Centers (NOCs), fully staffed 24 x 7 x 365, providing facilities and network monitoring, security, technical and remote-hands support.
Windstream offers a full suite of managed and dedicated hosting options, including colocation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery. For more information about Windstream Hosted Solutions, visit www.windstreambusiness.com.About Windstream Windstream Corp. (Nasdaq:WIN) is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas. Windstream has more than $6 billion in annual revenues and is listed on the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit www.windstream.com. The Windstream Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8314
CONTACT: Media Contact Alice Hartnett 704-887-0327 firstname.lastname@example.org