TORONTO, Canada and REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Dec. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
- The Empire Life Insurance Company (Empire Life), one of theleading life insurance companies in Canada, is standardizing on theInformaticaPlatform to power customer centricity and maximize return ondata enterprise-wide.
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number oneindependent provider of dataintegration software, today announced that Empire Life iscreating an unified data environment, dubbed the "customerexperience framework," using integrated Informatica Platformcomponents including Master Data Management, Enterprise DataIntegration and Data Quality.
- By providing effective management of customer information,Empire Life is better positioned to deliver on its focus to becomea customer-centric organization that is able to work with itsdistribution partners to deliver value-added products and servicesto customers throughout their life stages.
- The various components of the Informatica Platform will enableEmpire Life to increase the value of its data by ensuring that theinformation available to its hundreds of business users is:
- Holistic and timely - Informatica PowerCenter Advanced Edition for enterprise dataintegration is being implemented to integrate data across EmpireLife back-office systems, CRM systems, call center technologies andcollaborative applications. PowerCenter also delivers data atvirtually any speed, from real-time to batch, to driveknowledge-based product and marketing decisions and customerinteractions.
- Authoritative - InformaticaMDM (Master Data Management) for multi-domain master datamanagement is underpinning a master data hub to feed authoritativemaster data to consuming applications, business users andcustomer-facing personnel. The initial implementation for managingcustomer master data will be extended in a later phase to alsomanage product master data on the same MDM platform.
- Trustworthy - Informatica Data Explorer will enable data to be profiled forhidden risks and structural issues and stop quality problems fromspreading in Empire Life data. InformaticaData Quality will enable Empire Life to address and proactivelymanage data quality across its information environment.
- Informatica will also help reduce the cost of data at EmpireLife by reducing overall data management expense and effort,simplifying the IT infrastructure and reducing the costs of keycustomer-facing operations.
- Empire Life is collaborating with Informatica partner Adastraand with Informatica Professional Services to optimize itscustomer-centricity project and Informatica deployment.
- "The Informatica Platform will have a transformative effect onhow we function as a business and align ourselves to meet the needsof our customers," said Kevin Arbour, vice president, EnterpriseServices and Technologies, Empire Life. "We selected Informaticafor the strength of its products, which we felt fit very well withour objectives, and for its strong partner ecosystem in Canada. Theexpertise and professionalism we've experienced from Informaticahas been exemplary and we have a large pool of resources upon whichto draw as we proceed on our customer-centricity journey. It's beena great journey so far and we expect that to continue."
- "Customer profiles and expectations are changing radicallyaround the world, and not just for financial services firms likeEmpire Life, but across all industries," said Ron Reed, generalmanager, Canada, Informatica. "Organizations need to be ablemaximize their return ondata in order to efficiently and fully meet those expectations.The Informatica Platform empowers companies to access, integrate,trust and manage their information assets in their drive towardincreased competitiveness."
About InformaticaInformatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number oneindependent provider of data integrationsoftware.Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their topbusiness imperatives. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend onInformatica to fully leverage their information assets residingon-premise, in the Cloud and acrosssocial networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000(1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com.Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informaticaand http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp. ### Note: Informatica, Informatica Platform, PowerCenter,Informatica MDM, Informatica Data Explorer and InformaticaData Quality are trademarks or registered trademarks ofInformatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictionsthroughout the world. All other company and product names may betrade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 email@example.com Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 firstname.lastname@example.org