Recent $7 Million Financing to Accelerate and Expand Clinical Trials Steady Progress Across Four Business Units: Ophthalmology
- Viral conjunctivitis (unmet medical need)
- Financing to accelerate Phase 2b global 450 patient trial in adenoviral conjunctivitis by expanding number of clinical sites in the U.S. Results from the global trial expected 2H13.
- Bacterial conjunctivitis (new clinical target)
Dermatology – I mpetigo
- Financing to fund Phase 2a proof-of-concept bacterial conjunctivitis trial, facilitating ultimate goal of one product for the treatment of both viral and bacterial conjunctivitis.
- Partner Galderma S.A. initiated Phase 2b global trial of NVC-422 for treatment of impetigo, a highly contagious skin infection, in September 2012. Galderma expects to report results in mid 2013.
- Ongoing Phase 2 clinical trial for treatment of urinary catheter blockage and encrustation (UCBE). Clinical data expected 1H13.
- Secured agreement with Pioneer Pharma to market NeutroPhase throughout China in January 2012; expanded agreement to include Southeast Asia in September 2012. NeutroPhase recently utilized as part of successful new therapeutic technique for management of necrotizing fasciitis (NF, or "flesh-eating bacteria"). First commercial shipment of NeutroPhase to Southeast Asia completed in December 2012. Additional marketing agreements expected worldwide in 2013.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments at September 30, 2012 totaled $12 million, and are expected to be approximately $17 million at December 31, 2012. Year-end cash resources expected to be sufficient to achieve above milestones.