Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.A) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway rose $3169 (2.4%) to $134000 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,327 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $131100-$135009.61 after having opened the day at $131100 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $130831. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 7.7%, United Insurance Holdings ( UIHC), up 4.1%, Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), up 4.1%, and Tower Group ( TWGP), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.