SAN JOSE, Calif. and SINGAPORE, Dec. 12, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avago Technologies (Nasdaq:AVGO), a leading supplier of analog interface components for wireless, wireline, and industrial applications, today announced its new Vortex Gearbox ™ family of Physical Layer Transceiver (PHY) devices supporting Ethernet and Optical Transport Networking (OTN). These devices feature Avago's proven 28nm CMOS SerDes technology that has demonstrated compliance with IEEE CAUI and various Common Electrical Interface (CEI) standards that include CEI-11G-SR, CEI-25G-LR, and CEI-28G-VSR. The Vortex Gearbox devices also incorporate Avago's unique proprietary Decision Feedback Equalization (DFE) architecture providing low overall power consumption, low data latency and best-in-class jitter and crosstalk performance.
- Long reach performance withstanding up to 32dB of channel loss
- Hole-free operation from 1-28 Gbps
- Gearbox functionality for full-duplex conversion of four lanes (4x25 Gbps, 4x28 Gbps) to ten lanes (10x10 Gbps, 10x11 Gbps)
- Option for configuration as a retimer function for full-duplex transmission of ten lanes
- Programmable Tx/Rx equalization of all SerDes interfaces
- Bit Error Rate (BER) of 1e-20
- Easy-to-use diagnostic software for remote debugging