Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, is now accepting nominations for its seventh annual Red Hat Innovation Awards, which will be presented at Red Hat Summit taking place June 10-14, 2013 in Boston. Around the globe, Red Hat customers and partners are building dynamic IT infrastructures and driving business innovation with the Red Hat technology portfolio. The 2013 Red Hat Innovation Awards honor these efforts and reflect some of the most outstanding work and next generation business application deployments happening with open source solutions and specifically, Red Hat technology. Organizations have the opportunity to submit their nomination in seven categories, and category winners will be selected based on the uniqueness, complexity and magnitude of their Red Hat implementation. Categories for the 2013 Red Hat Innovation Awards include:
- Optimized Systems – Recognition of striking performance, scalability and/or groundbreaking enhancements delivered with open source solutions.
- Next Generation Business Application – Recognition of overall performance of creating, maintaining, and deploying successful next generation business applications, be it traditional, mobile or cloud, all while using Red Hat solutions.
- Outstanding Open Source Architecture - Recognition of a combination of Red Hat’s platform, middleware, cloud and/or storage solutions to create innovative architectures based on Red Hat solutions.
- Superior Alternatives - Recognition of the most successful migration from proprietary solutions to Red Hat’s platform, middleware, cloud and/or storage solutions.
- Extensive Partner Ecosystem – Recognition of the most successful use of Red Hat’s expanding partner ecosystem to create innovative architectures based on Red Hat’s platform, middleware, cloud and/or storage solutions.
- Best Middleware Implementation – Recognition of the most cutting-edge utilization of the JBoss Enterprise Middleware portfolio.
- Best Storage Implementation – Recognition of the most cutting-edge utilization of Red Hat Storage software.
For more information, or to share your story for the 2013 Red Hat Innovation Awards, please visit: http://www.redhat.com/innovationconnection/awards.html. For more information on the 2013 Red Hat Summit , visit: www.redhat.com/summit .About Red Hat, Inc. Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com. Forward-Looking Statements Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release. Red Hat and JBoss are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.