Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that ChinaNetCenter, a leading CDN and IDC services provider in China, has joined Platform Equinix ™ to expand its service delivery into the United States. The company deployed a content delivery network (CDN) node in Equinix’s Los Angeles International Business Exchange ™ ( IBX ®) data center, LA1, to serve as a hub from which it can provide its CDN and Internet data center (IDC) services. Highlights / Key Facts
- From broadcasting and television to enterprise and government, ChinaNetCenter’s customers span various industries, each with different and often changing bandwidth and security requirements. By working with Equinix, ChinaNetCenter can take advantage of carrier-neutral and carrier-dense data center facilities, as well as a thriving business ecosystem to optimize and extend its services globally.
- Equinix IBX data centers offer more than 900 public and private networks to choose from, giving ChinaNetCenter greater choice and flexibility in terms of how it delivers customer content. This means that regardless of an end user’s equipment or location, they’ll have fast and secure access to ChinaNetCenter customers’ websites.
- As a leading CDN and IDC provider in China, ChinaNetCenter serves more than 2,000 customers, including Huawei, ZTE, Audi and Baidu. Over the last 10 years, the company’s CDN services have supported a number of major events, including the English Premier League in 2011, both the World Cup and the Shanghai Expo in 2010, and the Olympic Games in 2008. ChinaNetCenter’s relationship with Equinix will help the company continue to deliver massive volumes of traffic for content owners.
- David Liu, vice president, ChinaNetCenter:
- Jim Poole , general manager of Global Networks and Mobility, Equinix:
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.