Program Updates & Milestones
- BioCryst is conducting a study to characterize the efficacy of low doses of BCX5191 in chronically HCV infected chimpanzees, with the goal of demonstrating meaningful antiviral activity at low doses. Results from the study are expected in early 2013.
- By the end of January 2013, BioCryst plans to complete analysis of the peramivir Phase 3 trial results and to review the conclusions with HHS/BARDA. After reviewing the totality of peramivir clinical safety and efficacy data, a decision will be made regarding peramivir’s future.
- The BCX4161 Phase 1 program is expected to start around the end of the first quarter 2013. The goal of this program is to demonstrate safety, adequate drug exposure via oral administration and pharmacodynamic effect on kallikrein inhibition.
- A manuscript describing the activity of BCX4430 against certain filoviruses has recently been submitted to a journal for consideration. In addition, BioCryst has submitted a proposal to seek additional government funding for the development of BCX4430 under the animal rule.
- The Company’s strategy for the ulodesine gout program remains unchanged. BioCryst intends to secure a partner to take over the ulodesine Phase 3 development and to commercialize the product.