- Safety and Health—Protecting the well-being of the employees and the public with a goal of zero incidents.
- Compliance and Ethics—Leading by ethical business practices with zero ethical compromises.
- Environment—Leading in environmentally responsible operations and sustainable construction practices with a goal of zero environmental incidents or infractions.
- Quality—Delivering our projects to 100 percent customer satisfaction.
- Community—Having a positive effect on the communities that we work with zero impacts on community neighbors.
- Infrastructure investment—That America continually invests in infrastructure to meet the needs of the next generation by working to achieve a sustainable increase in infrastructure investment.
Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) has published its 2010–2011 Sustainability Progress Report noting strides made in sustainability over the past two years by executing its 2010 Sustainability Plan. The 2010–2011 progress report and the recently published 2012 Sustainability Plan – The Road Ahead have been made public for the first time and can be found on the company’s website, www.graniteconstruction.com/sustainability. “We are proud of the progress we have made in executing our sustainability initiatives over the past few years and are committed to continuous improvements in this area going forward,” said James H. Roberts, president and CEO of Granite. “While sustainability practices are becoming increasingly more valuable to our customers, our primary goal in sharing our efforts and practices is to establish benchmarks that proactively support and contribute to sustainability throughout our industry.” As part of its 2012 plan, Granite has identified six key focus areas of sustainability which include: