Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. New York Community Bancorp ( NYCB) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, New York Community Bancorp fell 16 cents (-1.2%) to $12.93 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of New York Community Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $12.90-$13.15 after having opened the day at $13.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.09. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Paulson Capital ( PLCC), down 16.5%, Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), down 14.1%, Security National Financial Corporation ( SNFCA), down 12.3%, and Federal Agricultural Mortgage ( AGM.A), down 10.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full New York Community Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.