Keynote® Systems (Nasdaq: KEYN), the global leader in mobile and web cloud testing and monitoring, announces the latest version of Keynote’s DeviceAnywhere® for QuickTest Professional (QTP), expanding the testing capabilities of HP QTP to include real mobile device testing. DeviceAnywhere for QTP™ is an integrated testing solution for enterprises to efficiently leverage existing toolsets (HP QTP) and experience to reach new markets with automated mobile testing. The industry currently lacks flexible easy-to-use testing solutions that efficiently leverages existing resources, costing organizations additional time and money. DeviceAnywhere for QTP is a comprehensive and robust product that seamlessly extends HP’s application lifecycle management (ALM) process for testing desktop applications to testing mobile applications and websites on real mobile devices. DeviceAnywhere for QTP allows users to utilize existing QTP skills to build reusable mobile testing assets to create and run manual and automated tests on real devices connected from anywhere in the world. “As enterprises expand to integrate mobile development, learning new scripting languages for testing puts additional pressure on the limited time, energy and resources for QA engineers,” said Vik Chaudhary, vice president of product management and corporate development at Keynote. “DeviceAnywhere for QTP allows an organization to effortlessly extend their PC-based testing to real mobile devices. Users can immediately begin creating tests for mobile the same way they do in their existing QTP environment, in addition to getting accurate testing from live, mobile devices. DeviceAnywhere for QTP provides an easily integrated automation framework so projects that take manual testers days to accomplish can be achieved in merely a few hours.” The integration of DeviceAnywhere and HP Unified Functional Testing software makes DeviceAnywhere functions available within the HP QTP interface. This capability enables users to control, interact with, and extract screenshots from mobile devices in the DeviceAnywhere test environment during automated test runs. DeviceAnywhere test results can be tracked and stored within QTP and QC for reference. This allows users familiar with QTP to use DeviceAnywhere functions to leverage automated mobile testing assets previously created in DeviceAnywhere, or to build them from scratch, relieving users from the time and effort of learning a new scripting language.
DeviceAnywhere for QTP Benefits:
- Point and click recording enables easy scripting, so that any QTP user can simply write, record and run scripts on real devices, from within QTP
- Leverage DeviceAnywhere Test Center Enterprise Automation features - including object–level scripting (for HTML5 applications) and advanced text/UI-based checkpoint capabilities
- Easily create and maintain scripts in QTP - Creates QTP objects that are editable in the DeviceAnywhere for QTP add-in
- Real device mobile testing - Access the leading real device testing platform enabling remote access to devices without jail breaking the device or use of device agents
- Rich project management capabilities – Enterprises wishing to manage their mobile testing projects in QC can do so with full control and 100% compatibility to normal QC operations